The Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts (FCCA) is taking action to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Because the well-being of our Docents, students, visitors, artists and community is our top priority, the FCCA has decided to close to the public effective March 16, 2020. During this time, in addition to the FCCA being closed, all classes and programs both onsite and offsite are either postponed or canceled. We tentatively plan to reopen to the public on Wednesday, April 15, 2020, however this could be extended based on recommendations provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The status of current and future shows are as follows:
- March: “Faces” All-Media National Juried – Will remain hanging until April 24
- April: “Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit – Shifts to May (drop-off pieces for show April 22-24)
- May: “Ethos: Spirit of Community” All-Media National Juried Exhibit – Shifts to June
- The June “Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit will not take place
- March: The current show by Charlotte Richards will remain hanging until April 24
- Remainder of Year: All other scheduled Exhibitions will be pushed back one month and the Holiday Show will be canceled.
Updates to our operating status and scheduling details will be communicated on our website at www.fccagallery.org, and through our Facebook, Instagram and Mailchimp feeds. We appreciate your support as we all work to ensure the well-being of our community.
While we are very disappointed to have to take this safety measure, we hope that we will see you all soon once we reopen and continue to serve as your resource for outstanding art, classes, and exposure to our talented artists.
Thank you for your continued patience, understanding and support.