Focus on Color
Juror: Cheryl Bosch || Catalog || Flier
- 1st Place – “Broken” mixed media painting by Michael Broadway of Woodford, VA
- 2nd Place –“Alice and Her Kitty” oil painting by Nancy Brittle of Remington, VA
- 3rd Place – “Wood Carver” mixed media painting by Sally Rhone-Kubarek of Fredericksburg, VA
- “Resurgence” digital photograph by Rebecca Carpenter of Frederick, MD
- “Starburst” photo on metal by Todd Dieringer of Wadsworth, Ohio
- “Los Desaparecidos” mixed media painting by Patricia Smith of Locust Grove, VA
- “Colorful Enchantment” oil painting by Beverley Toves of Fredericksburg, VA
- “St. George’s Morning Light” oil painting by Joan Wiberg of Warrenton, VA
Juror's Statement: What a wonderful experience it is to juror a show for the FCCA. The caliber of the art was amazing, making for a difficult decision. But it was my job to select less than 50 works from the over 100 entries. I chose work that spoke to me. A few pieces took my breath away. I loved the abundance of color, textures, and mediums in the entries. Some were abstract, some realistic and some were expressionistic and graphic. It was sad to reject some work but I tried to make the best show available for the gallery. Some work was denied because of its merit and a few pieces were rejected due to the poor presentation. If your art is not securely fitted into the frame then it isn’t ready to be displayed. Duck tape is not an acceptable method to secure a canvas into a frame. Please join me at the FCCA on First Friday in December, at 6pm, to see the show, hear my jurors talk and ask questions.
Look for Cheryl’s upcoming class at the FCCA - “Preserve, Protect, and Present: A framer’s guide to the do’s and don’ts of exhibiting your artwork” February 16, from 3 to 5. The class will be held at Frame Designs Gallery.