50th Anniversary Regional Exhibition
- Focus acrylic painting by Barbara Taylor Hall of Fredericksburg, VA
- The Angel of Marye's Heights by Rache E. Britt of Fredericksburg, VA
- Holy Family mixed media painting by Patte Ormsby of Fredericksburg, VA
- Because One Wasn't Enough oil painting by Caroline Esbenshade of Fredericksburg, VA
- White Handrail, Collioure metallic photo by Deborah Herndon of Charleston, WV
- Learning the Ropes acrylic painting by Penny Hicks of Fredericksburg, VA
- Gentle Vigilance photo by Gregg McCrary of Spotsylvania, VA
- Against the Wall acrylic painting by Ted Ostrowski of Bowling Green, VA
- Convincing Force watercolor on Yupo by Rita Rose & Rae Rose of Spotsylvania, VA
- Erecting Walls mixed media painting by Patricia Smith of Locust Grove, VA
- Douglas Hill watercolor on Yupo by Suzanne Stewart of Locust Grove, VA
Juror's Statement—As the juror for the 50th Anniversary FCCA regional exhibit, I knew that my task would be challenging. Having lived in the Fredericksburg area for over 50 years did not help the situation. In spite of knowing so many of the artists, the objectivity that a juror should have did not abandon me. Faced with a large number of entries and their high quality, it was somewhat difficult to get the number selected to just 40 plus. The size of the gallery required that number.
From my perspective, the 50th anniversary exhibit should include a broad range of expressions. This did not mean that basic standards for judging would be ignored. There are social commentaries and other works that are unique. How the artists handled their different mediums was noteworthy.
I have judged quite a few exhibits and it is difficult for me to say why the art work submitted was rejected as opposed to selected. There were quite a few works not selected in spite of their artistic merit. I commend all of the artists whether you were selected or not. I am honored to have been your juror.