- 1st Place “Pulse Orlando” mixed media by Michael Broadway, Woodford, VA
- 2nd Place “Lining Up for the Demolition Derby” watercolor by Kit Paulsen, Fredericksburg, VA
- 3rd Place “I’d Rather Be Fishing” oil painting by Laurie Hoen, Henrico, VA
- “John Paul Jones House” oil painting by Danette Taylor, Fredericksburg, VA
- “The Brain Is Wider than the Sky” mixed media collage by Teresa Blatt, North Hills, CA
- “Mr. and Mrs. Blue” photograph by Chris McClintock, King George, VA
- “Sunrise Over the Hampton Roads” mixed media collage by Elizabeth Shumate, Newport News, VA
December 11th, 2020
Dear Visitors and Members of the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts:
The FCCA considers Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) to be a communicable disease of public health threat, and is taking extra measures to prevent possible transmission to others within our establishment. One volunteer was working at the facility on December 6th, 2020 and was considered infectious for COVID-19 at the time. We are working closely with the Rappahannock Area Health District to implement appropriate public health measures. At this time, no individuals were considered to have a close contact exposure, and the volunteer was asymptomatic during their time at the gallery.
At the FCCA, we have already taken the following measures to protect our patrons and visiting members:
- The volunteer positive for COVID-19 is isolating at home.
- High-touch and frequently trafficked areas are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- We will be temporarily closing the gallery in order to conduct proper deep cleaning and sanitation measures as well as to allow for the CDC recommended amount of time where there will be no threat of exposure from this incident. (Projected re-opening December 17)
- All volunteers and visitors are required to wear face masks and proper protective equipment at all times when in our gallery, regardless of whether they are currently interacting with visitors.
- All volunteers and visitors are practicing social distancing and proper hand hygiene while in the gallery.
- Our First Friday receptions have been transformed into virtual exhibitions which can be viewed on our Youtube and other social media platforms in order to mitigate any potential risks in a public setting. We will be continuing to do so and hope to encourage our visitors to support the gallery remotely during this time.
The Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that we all stay informed about COVID-19 in our community and take the following steps to protect ourselves and the people around us:
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
- It is required that you wear a cloth facemask over your mouth and nose in indoor public spaces.
- If you are sick or showing any symptoms of illness, please stay home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
The health and safety of our visitors and team of volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. If you have questions, please contact us via Facebook, Instagram, or directly on our website.
Thank you for your time,
The Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts