We are pleased to announce our exhibition themes for 2020. Get Inspired and start creating now! Please note that months that feature the “Artist Choice” theme are open to any subject matter and any media.
January 2020— “Small Wonders” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: November 30, 2019 – January 31, 2020
February 2020—“All Photography” National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: February 1 – February 28, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, January 10, 2029, by 4 pm
March 2020—“Faces” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: February 29 – March 27, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020, by 4 pm
April 2020—“Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: March 28 – April 24, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020, by 4 pm
May 2020—“Ethos: Spirit of Community” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: April 25 – May 29, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020, by 4 pm
June 2020—“Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: May 30 – June 26, 2020
- Entries deadline: May 8, 2020 by 4 pm
July 2020—“Memories: People, Places, Structures” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: June 27 – July 31, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020, by 4 pm
August 2020—“Artist Choice” All-media Regional Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: August 1 – 28, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, July 10, 2020, by 4 pm
September 2020—“Flora & Fauna” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: August 29 – September 25, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, July 24, 2020, by 4 pm
October 2020—“Artist Choice” All-media Regional Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: September 26 – October 30, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, August 21, 2020, by 4 pm
November 2020—“Imagined Realities” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: October 31 – November 27, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020, by 4 pm
December 2019 – January 2020—10” x 10” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: November 28, 2020 – January 29, 2021
- Entries deadline: Friday, October 23, 2020, by 4 pm
Congratulations to our 2020 Members’ Gallery Artists!
January: Eric Brito
February: Kathy Noel and Van Anderson
March: Charlotte Richards
April: Kay Portmess and Maura Harrison
May: Tronja Angerlo
June: Marcia Chaves and Maria Motz
July: Gary Vann Brooks
August: Linda Agar-Hendrix and Faith Galliot
September: Mark Prieto
October: Becky Carpenter
November: Chris McClintock and Odel Smith
Please note: In previous years, the “Small Wonders,” “Power of Small” and “It’s Small” exhibitions have had a maximum size limitation in any direction of 14″.
This year, the size limit is 48″ in any dimension.
The Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts (FCCA) will continue its annual tradition of sponsoring Seurat Sunday with an all-day plein air painting and photography event on September 8, at Caledon State Park, 16617 Caledon Road, King George, VA.
The event will begin at 10 am at the Caledon Visitors Center with artists loading their gear onto a flatbed wagon for transport to scenic areas along the trails, marshes and beaches. Artists are invited to spend the day at their preferred locations or move about the park seeking photo opportunities where they will find nature’s best vistas and views of graceful white egrets in flight.
The transport wagon will return every hour to each location. After a day of capturing visual images, the participants will return to the Visitors Center for a show of their day’s work and light refreshments provided by the Friends of Caledon at 3 pm. Rain date is September 15th.
The Seurat Sunday event has long been a tradition in the region, dating back to the late 1970s. Started by the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts in cooperation with Belmont and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Seurat Sunday is named for the French Post-impressionist painter, Georges Seurat (1859-1891), best known for his landscape painting, “A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte” of the Art Institute of Chicago.
FCCA is proud to partner with Caledon State Park and its staff to offer this unique art event each year. Registration required by Friday, September 6th. Phone Caledon Visitor Center at 540-663-3861 and leave your name, contact information and number in your party. Bring a bag lunch if desired.
For additional information contact Carrol Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 540-760-6928.
- Send an e-mail and attach 4 high-quality images in jpeg format and attached a completed application form to membersgallery@FCCAva.org. Reference 2020 Members’ Gallery Application in your e-mail subject line. Each jpg image must be titled with the name of the artwork and number given to that work on the application form (example: Portrait1.jpg.)
- Deliver one sample actual artwork to FCCA, labelled 2020 Members’ Gallery Application with artist’s name, artwork title and contact information. Include non-refundable application fee, check for $40 payable to FCCA to help defray costs.
- Work does not have to be themed, but should be cohesive
- Application deadline: September 20, 2019 by 4 pm.
- Application packets will be stored upstairs at the FCCA. Packet must be clearly labeled with artist’s name and 2020 Members’ Gallery Application.
- FCCA membership must remain current. If membership is not current, the application packet WILL NOT proceed.
The selection process for Members’ Gallery Exhibits has been refined over the last several years to be as fair, anonymous and confidential as possible. A panel of jurors (academics and/or working art professionals) is chosen to meet and evaluate entries. Quality images of artwork are important. Selected artists should be prepared for a professional gallery show. Two-dimensional artwork cannot be displayed with gallery clips or saw-tooth hangers. Artists who are selected for solo or duo shows will be offered a particular month in 2020. Artists should receive their notifications by Sept. 30, 2019.
Questions: email Members’ Gallery Coordinator, Matt DeZee at email@example.com or call 703-801-1429.
Visit CRRL’s page for more information:
Online entries accepted August 12-26.