FCCA’S partnership with the CBTC (Community Bank of the Chesapeake) Fredericksburg Branch will be continuing our Art Exhibits! A new CBTC Curator/Coordinator has been found.
A HUGE thank you and great appreciation to Penny Parrish from the FCCA for an amazing job curating this excellent art exhibit. Stay tuned for more information in the New 2020 year!
Enjoy your THANKSGIVING!!!
The gallery will be closed Thursday, November 28, but we will be open Friday, November 29th.
February 2020 “All Photography” invites all photographers to submit both traditional and innovative work for an exhibit that welcomes diverse photography media including digitally manipulated photo work in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional presentations. Tom Hennessy, noted Richmond photographer, will be the juror. Learn more about his background and photography at https://tomhennessy.zenfolio.com/all-photographs
We are pleased to announce our exhibition themes for 2020. Get Inspired and start creating now! Please note that months that feature the “Artist Choice” theme are open to any subject matter and any media.
January 2020— “Small Wonders” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: November 30, 2019 – January 31, 2020
February 2020—“All Photography” National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: February 1 – February 28, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, January 10, 2029, by 4 pm
March 2020—“Faces” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: February 29 – March 27, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020, by 4 pm
April 2020—“Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: March 28 – April 24, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020, by 4 pm
May 2020—“Ethos: Spirit of Community” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: April 25 – May 29, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020, by 4 pm
June 2020—“Artist Choice” Regional All-Media Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: May 30 – June 26, 2020
- Entries deadline: May 8, 2020 by 4 pm
July 2020—“Memories: People, Places, Structures” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: June 27 – July 31, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020, by 4 pm
August 2020—“Artist Choice” All-media Regional Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: August 1 – 28, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, July 10, 2020, by 4 pm
September 2020—“Flora & Fauna” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: August 29 – September 25, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, July 24, 2020, by 4 pm
October 2020—“Artist Choice” All-media Regional Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: September 26 – October 30, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, August 21, 2020, by 4 pm
November 2020—“Imagined Realities” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: October 31 – November 27, 2020
- Entries deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020, by 4 pm
December 2019 – January 2020—10” x 10” All-Media National Juried Exhibit
- Exhibit dates: November 28, 2020 – January 29, 2021
- Entries deadline: Friday, October 23, 2020, by 4 pm
In the Members’ Gallery
CALL FOR ENTRIES: MEMBERS’ HOLIDAY SHOW
***Strictly for Current FCCA Members***
Deliver all artwork on Saturday, November 30, between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm || CONTRACT
- Deliver artwork (Limit of 3 framed pieces, no larger than 24″ on longest side) and/or other items (cards, framed artwork for bins) with a signed contract & inventory on November 30th between 9:30am-12:30pm
- Deliver all artwork in a condition suitable for hanging (no saw tooth)
- All work must be for sale with a wall label 2″ x 4″
- Label all artwork on the back with artist’s name, title of piece and price
- Hang work in the Members’ Gallery space provided by FCCA
- Each person participating will serve one 4-hour shift as a Docent (Downstairs in the Members Gallery) You will be able to sign up for your shift when dropping off artwork
- Provide refreshments for December First Friday Public Reception on December 6th Opening First Friday reception is from 6pm-9pm
Remove all artwork between 9:30am – noon on Saturday, December 28, 2019
If you have any questions contact: Matt DeZee at email@example.com or (703)801-1429
Congratulations to our 2020 Members’ Gallery Artists!
January: Eric Brito
February: Kathy Noel and Van Anderson
March: Charlotte Richards
April: Kay Portmess and Maura Harrison
May: Tronja Angerlo
June: Marcia Chaves and Maria Motz
July: Gary Vann Brooks
August: Linda Agar-Hendrix and Faith Galliot
September: Mark Prieto
October: Becky Carpenter
November: Chris McClintock and Odel Smith
Please note: In previous years, the “Small Wonders,” “Power of Small” and “It’s Small” exhibitions have had a maximum size limitation in any direction of 14″.
This year, the size limit is 48″ in any dimension.
The Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts (FCCA) will continue its annual tradition of sponsoring Seurat Sunday with an all-day plein air painting and photography event on September 8, at Caledon State Park, 16617 Caledon Road, King George, VA.
The event will begin at 10 am at the Caledon Visitors Center with artists loading their gear onto a flatbed wagon for transport to scenic areas along the trails, marshes and beaches. Artists are invited to spend the day at their preferred locations or move about the park seeking photo opportunities where they will find nature’s best vistas and views of graceful white egrets in flight.
The transport wagon will return every hour to each location. After a day of capturing visual images, the participants will return to the Visitors Center for a show of their day’s work and light refreshments provided by the Friends of Caledon at 3 pm. Rain date is September 15th.
The Seurat Sunday event has long been a tradition in the region, dating back to the late 1970s. Started by the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts in cooperation with Belmont and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Seurat Sunday is named for the French Post-impressionist painter, Georges Seurat (1859-1891), best known for his landscape painting, “A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte” of the Art Institute of Chicago.
FCCA is proud to partner with Caledon State Park and its staff to offer this unique art event each year. Registration required by Friday, September 6th. Phone Caledon Visitor Center at 540-663-3861 and leave your name, contact information and number in your party. Bring a bag lunch if desired.
For additional information contact Carrol Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 540-760-6928.